- Flow Traders
- Graduate position
- Required language
Are you interested in trading, developing trading strategies, applying AI and/or machine learning techniques and being on the edge of your seat while making decisions? Keep on reading! We offer you the opportunity to become a successful Trader at a world-renowned trading firm.
Flow Traders is at the intersection of finance, cutting edge technology and scientific research. Financial markets have made a rapid shift from trading in the pit towards algorithmic trading, and our firm has developed into an entrepreneurial and team driven FinTech Company.
As a Trader you manage and optimize our daily positions (pricing and trading) in a wide range of financial products including ETPs, bonds, derivatives, FX, crypto’ s and complexly structured products together with the Traders on your desk. You will formulate innovative trading strategies and, in close collaboration with our Software Engineers, develop trading models and tools that allow us to capitalize on opportunities swiftly and adequately.
As we do not expect you to have any far-reaching trading or finance knowledge upfront, we offer you an extensive onboarding program of 3 months. You will learn about our core business, the financial products we trade and the mathematics required to price them. You will also go through trading simulations and quantitative classes given by our Senior Traders. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets, making split-second portfolio adjustments, and you will finish your onboarding program with a real trading project with other graduate Traders.
After your onboarding, you will be assigned to a trading desk based on your skills and interests. From that moment on you will start developing into one of the following trading areas:
Focus on pricing challenging financial products that require impeccable risk/reward trading decisions.
As a Spread Trader, you will use statistical models to price and capitalize on expected price movements of a wide range of asset classes. This form of arbitrage is often less speed dependent. The edge comes from determining the true price of these products better than the rest of the market. You will constantly evaluate the risk/reward associated with your trades and positions based on robust statistical analysis combined with years of trading experience.
Focus on applying Mathematics, Statistics, Probability Theory, Machine Learning techniques (e.g. deep neural networks) to create profitable trading strategies.
As a Quantitative Trader, you will work in a team consisting of Quantitative Traders, Traders and Quantitative Researchers to optimize existing trading strategies while learning how to ultimately develop your own trading ideas. You will back test, optimize and implement it in the trading engine to convert simulation results to a profitable trading strategy. Interest in Machine Learning Techniques and AI, experience is an advantage;
Focus on optimizing our trading software in close collaboration with our Product Managers and Software Engineers. You will lead the process of the development of new tools that will improve several trading desks on the trading floor.
As a Technical Trader, you will use in-depth knowledge of market structure and algorithms to create strategies and setups that enable us to trade a large range of products effectively. You will create new approaches to automate trading and develop setups that resemble the strategic approaches of a screen Trader, allowing us to trade orders of magnitude faster, and in many more assets than would be possible with manual trading. Finally, you will provide guidance to our development department regarding the continuous development of our in-house trading software, using experience obtained from analyzing our automated trading, to improve our trading strategies.
Continuously quoting bid and ask prices and making split second decisions based on movements in the market.
As a Screen Trader, your primary responsibility is to act as a market maker in a group of products. This can be based on high frequency trades on exchange, or requesting one of our counterparties to show a price off exchange. By offsetting all the different flows you will try to optimize the spread between buy and sell prices. In order to do this as efficiently as possible, we continuously have to improve on all fronts, for example developing new pricing models.
What you need to succeed:
- University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Technology or related;
- Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets;
- Keen interest in IT systems, and an affinity for development languages (C, C++, Python, JAVA, or similar);
- Innovative & creative high potential with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills;
- Competitive, communicative and able to deliver under pressure;
- A distinct ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them;
- Fluent in English;
- Maximum of three years’ work experience.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job within the most dynamic environment. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with a great, non-hierarchical working environment with many opportunities and fantastic perks, such as:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
- Flow Academy for continuous learning;
- We have our own in-house bar, gym and boat;
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
- Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
- A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
- Fun team outings during the year;
- Rotation within and between our offices worldwide;
- And many more.
You can apply here!
- Apply through our website with a CV and convincing cover letter.
- A numerical test and a capacity test.
- A video interview with a Recruiter with a focus on motivation and cultural fit.
- A video interview with a Recruiter and a Trader with a focus on core business knowledge, brainteasers and skills.
- An online case-study conducted by two Senior Traders.