- IMC Trading
- Graduate position
- Required language
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell
securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving
efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance
technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us
today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely
together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our
technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short
feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they
are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing
ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our
success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary
opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need
to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the
sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three
years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building,
leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society
through our foundation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A RESEARCH ANALYST:
- Perform fundamental analysis of equities to forecast dividend stream for a portfolio of stocks;
- Monitor stock market newswires for updates regarding the amount or timing of company
- Maintain a database of events and pricing;
- Monitor news to define scenarios and assess the impact of upcoming events on dividend
- Build relationship with external stakeholders such as investor relations, exchange and index
- Evaluate impact of special situations on pricing;
- Collaborate with traders on investment ideas
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering or related fields of studies;
- A maximum of 3 years of experience in financial markets, with a preference of basic knowledge of finance and experience using Bloomberg/Reuters;
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills;
- Demonstrable interest in, and some knowledge of, single stock and macroeconomic environment;
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Options knowledge including understanding of the Greeks is a plus;
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment;
- Experience with programming in Python is a plus;
- Desire to work in a team environment is a must
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing
with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC