Trading Analyst (Academic Part-time Job)
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Interested in trading and looking for a part-time role during your studies? We have an exciting job opportunity for you: become a Trading Analyst at Optiver!
We are looking for ambitious students that are based in the Netherlands, studying towards an academic degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). If you want to kick-start your career with a part-time job in a dynamic and international environment, with a competitive salary and flexible work hours, this could be the opportunity for you.
Who are we
Thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of the Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today we are at the forefront of trading and technology, employing over 1000 Optiverians from over 40 nationalities in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney and Shanghai. We stick to what we’re good at: making markets in a wide range of financial products on more than 50 exchanges around the world.
With a focus on a broad range of options and delta1 products, our traders work in collaboration with the technology, research and control departments to create solutions that continuously improve trading strategies.
Optiver brings together a multidisciplinary group of talented people from all over the world who together strive to be better tomorrow, than they are today. Our culture supports and empowers Optiverians to develop and be at their best both personally and professionally. The dynamic, collaborative environment and the nature of work we are involved in means that your problem solving, creativity and analytical skills can be well leveraged in the pursuit of excellence.
What you’ll do
As a Trading Analyst you will work directly on the Optiver trading floor, where over 100 individual traders manage their own trading book – making this one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. You will analyze day-to-day trading performance, work on projects to improve our strategies/pricing and make sure trading sheets are well structured. All of this will take place in close collaboration with our traders, analysts and engineers who constantly invite you to challenge the status quo and to propose areas of improvement. The opportunities to develop yourself in this role are endless and a steep learning curve is guaranteed. You can participate in our Trading for non-traders’ program, sign-up for Python and SQL courses after work, join the morning trading meetings and work on your personal effectiveness by participating in one of many courses our education department has on offer. All in all, the Trading Analyst role is a fantastic stepping stone to becoming a full-time Trader at Optiver.
What you’ll need
- Be in your 3rd year of your Bachelors or 1st/2nd year of your Masters, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance or equivalent
- Have experience with Excel (we are happy to train you in SQL and Python)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong affinity for financial markets
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What you’ll get
- The chance to work with best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- The opportunity to get to know our systems and way of working which will highly benefit you if you move into one of our full-time positions
- A competitive part-time salary
- Full flexibility to schedule your own hours (min of 16 hours, ideally 20 hours)
- Access to training such as trading lectures and Python courses
- Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities and discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
Former Trading Analysts on their experience:
‘Everyone is passionate about what they do and always willing to help each other out and you are constantly improving. The daily challenges and puzzles you come across makes this job so interesting. This collaborative, high-pace atmosphere makes working at Optiver exciting.’
- Bob Muijs, Trader at Optiver, former Trading Analyst
“My time as a TA has been both fun and super useful. You get to know a broad part of the company and when you start as a Trader, this experience and in-company network gives you a huge advantage.”
- Luit Elbers, Trader at Optiver, former Trading Analyst
Interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Trading Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or email@example.com
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.