Analyst Credit & Insurance Linked Investments
- Graduate position
- Investment Management
- Required language
The analyst role in the CILI team is a very interesting position for a starter who is up for a steep learning curve with directly a focus on very unique investments, within an asset manager. You will working in a midsize international team of experienced investment specialists. Your role will be to work closely with the investment professionals and learn on the job.
Your job consists of:
- deal due diligence activities, mostly with parties outside of The Netherlands.
- the analysis of transactions, providing analysis to support the management of the team’s portfolios.
- high-quality reporting across the board, such as detailed quarterly reports about the performance of the CILI mandates.
- Monitoring a selection of existing investments
- Different operational tasks, including checking cash flows and changes in the collateral portfolio.
From day one you will be involved with the Credit Risk Sharing mandate, and within a year also with the Insurance Linked Investment mandate. In terms of working on individual transactions, the Credit Risk Sharing mandate will be the starting point. For example, you will be part of a deal team responsible for a new investment opportunity. As you gain more knowledge and experience, your responsibilities will expand. In this role you work closely with different departments within PGGM, such as Risk and Back Office.
Jouw afdeling binnen PGGM
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. With € 252 billion under management, PGGM is one of the biggest and most sustainable investors globally.
PGGM is one of the leading global investors in Credit Risk Sharing and Insurance Linked Investments. The CILI team is responsible for around € 11 billion across the two unique mandates.
One mandate is the Insurance Linked Investments mandate which invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk, sourced by experts we partner up with. The other mandate is Credit Risk Sharing, for which the team structures credit risk sharing transactions directly with banks. We invest worldwide and as a team we look to work together on multiple fronts for both mandates.
The Credit Risk Sharing mandate is to a large extend about understanding credit risk. The Insurance Linked Investments mandate invests in natural catastrophe risks. Having affinity, or perhaps experience, in assessing such risks will be very helpful. Most importantly, you are very curious by nature, eager to learn, precise and good with numbers.
The ideal candidate:
- has a master degree, for example in Economic, Econometrics or Corporate Finance
- has strong analytical skills and is a fast learner
- is eager to understand the underlying reasons
- is precise and has attention for details
- is an open personality and strong communicator
- can write and speak English fluently
Wat wij bieden
- the possibility to work in an ambitious and very experienced team, with many different nationalities
- A steep learning curve, and the possibility to develop yourself, including becoming a CFA charter holder
- the possibility to learn about unique investments that are not commonly seen across asset managers
- an international focus and intellectual challenge
- a professional working environment with many opportunities to develop yourself on many fronts
We only consider applications that include a coverletter and the transcripts of your Bachelor and Master
More information? Contact Inez Crolla, Campus Recruiter (+316 8320801 - firstname.lastname@example.org).