Junior Product Development | AFS Energy
- AFS Group
- Graduate position
- Other, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you the type of person that – when an innovation hits the market – immerses oneself into investigating it thoroughly until you know all the ins and outs? Whether it’s a new iPhone, crypto currency or an app like Clubhouse; you’ll get to the bottom of it. You weigh pros and cons, sifting through every little detail. And once you know all the ins and outs, you use your knowledge to your advantage. Sounds familiar? Then let’s talk!
For our Energy Product Development team, we are currently looking for a Product Developer who is able to combine his or her analytical skills with a commercial mindset. The renewable energy market is fast developing as more and more countries set ambitious goals to decarbonize the energy consumption. Innovative projects are initiated to fulfill these ambitions. Industries experiment with green hydrogen, waste become a feedstock for renewable fuel and renewable energy projects pop up everywhere we look. Renewable generation becomes cheaper every day. An overwhelming set of possibilities!
And this is where you come in. As our Junior Product Developer you’ll do a deep dive into new legislations around renewable energy and environmental commodities. You are the eyes and ears in this continuous developing market and know (or are eager to get to know) every little detail like the back of your hand. You oversee consequences of amendments in law and regulations, but you are also able to translate small changes into big commercial opportunities. You bring solutions and strategic concepts to the table that contribute to our client’s needs. You are resourceful, you like a challenge, your glass is always (half) full and you’ll blow your colleagues and clients away with creative well-founded solutions in this whirlwind of a market.
We’ll promise you a job that is never boring and ask for your full commitment in return. Be on top of your game and keep scouting for opportunities so we service clients in the best way. We will reward your effort by flying across Europe to go to the latest conferences, meet international associations and institutions to visit new initiatives (When Covid-19 is over, of course). You might even become our key player (if you like a challenge, that is). At the end of the day, it is the rush of coming up with new ideas that will be providing our clients with the best service in the market and come up with solutions that others haven’t thought of yet. That gives you the drive to make it happen.
What we expect:
- You are full of ambition and drive and are passionate to succeed
- You want to be the best; scouting for new opportunities is your passion
- You translate market developments into impact for our clients
- You are eager and curious to learn about our products
- You are a serious sparring partner and expert for both your teammates as our clients
- You have at least 1-3 year experience with roles that combine both analytical and commercial skills, or you are able to prove you are a data driven solution factory.
- You preferably have (some) understanding of or affinity with the renewable energy market
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- The more languages you speak, the better, but other than English this is not a hard criterion
The AFS Energy Department
AFS Energy is always on a mission to make ideas, products and opportunities a great success. The Product Development team consists of a group of ambitious and highly motivated analysts, consultants and intermediaries that are continuously looking for new products, markets, deal opportunities and advisory services to support our clients in the best possible way. Our team is also involved in the more complex transactions such as product swaps, (corporate) energy purchase contracts and cross border trading. We have a nose for creating products and solutions that will add value to companies all around Europe involved in renewable energy; and we are proud of it!
As a Product Developer you can expect a team that motivates you to be the best. We will be a sparring partner, in order for you to develop that ingenious strategy that will convince your clients in a heartbeat. We provide you with various courses and training sessions with your peers in order to make you the best Product Developer you could be.
What we Offer
We’ll promise you a job that is never boring and ask for your full commitment in return.
- Working in an awesome, ambitious and driven high performing team;
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world;
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization;
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange;
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities;
- 27 holidays per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Free inhouse fitness;
- A variety of activities with the team.
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? Please submit your application via the application form.
Invited for a job interview?
- 1st round: Quick phone call with recruitment to get to know each other better
- 2nd round: Job interview with one of your future colleagues
- 3rd round: Job interview with your future manager
- Last round: Wow, this is super, you will meet the Head of the Energy desk, don’t forget to convince him and show him why everybody from round 1, 2 and 3 is vouching for you
To apply, click on this link!