Junior Sales Trader Voluntary Carbon | AFS Energy
- AFS Group
- Graduate position
- Other, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you commercial driven and eager to learn? Do you like to travel and do you have already some sales experience? Does closing deals make you hungry for more?
As a Junior Sales Trader Voluntary Carbon within AFS Energy you will become a key member of a team of highly motivated and professional colleagues who will guide you from the beginning onwards. You create your own business: first you will build and expand your network of companies of buyers and sellers. The ETEI desk, part of AFS Group, is responsible for the brokering, sales trading and execution of (renewable) energy instruments traded in regulated markets and exchanges. The products under its mandate are EUAs, other certificates under the EU-ETS and Energy derivatives (futures and options on power, fuels, gas and coal). We are constantly expanding our product portfolio, your job will be corporate sales!
While using your market knowledge, trade ideas and market intelligence, you will build a client base and help those clients to manage their EU ETS risk and transition to low carbon production.
What we expect:
We are looking for a multi-lingual Sales Trader Carbon Allowances / EUAs. For this we expect you:
- To at least have a Bachelor / Master degree or thinking level
- To be fluent in English and one or more of other languages spoken in the European Union
- Experience in sales is a plus – cold calling, holding meetings with senior level executives and converting leads into paying customers
- You are eager and curious to learn. You are also eager to travel and meet your clients in person
- To be pro-active and not afraid to pick up the phone. You will continue to find new brokerage or deal structuring opportunities for your clients
- To be a good negotiator, who works hard and lives by the motto: “never give up”
- To be a team player and thrive under pressure
What we offer
The Energy department has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the different renewable energy markets across Europe. Our young and rapidly growing desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels and assists clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
Are you that go getter? Then our Energy Product Development team will be perfect for you. As a junior you can expect full guidance from us and we will help you learn all new products, understand the various commodity markets and teach you how to move forward from an interest to a deal. We provide you with sales courses and training sessions with seniors and with your peers in order to make you the best sales trader you could be.
- Working in an awesome, ambitious, and driven high-performing team
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam: the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Competitive remuneration with a significant bonus structure and multiple training possibilities
- Access to our extensive online learning platform for your personal development (e.g., languages, personal leadership and more!)
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
- Beers on a Friday
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? You can upload your CV and motivation letter via this link. For further questions please contact the Recruitment department on +31 (0)20 570 72 48. You can also contact Jesse de Lange, Corporate Recruiter by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invited for a job interview?
- 1st round: Quick phone call with recruitment (HR) to get to know each other better
- 2nd round: Job interview with one of your future colleagues
- 3rd round: Job interview with your future manager
- 4th round: Job interview with the head of the Energy desk
- Job offer
We are happy to recruit our AFS colleagues by ourselves. We do not need help from external parties. If we receive resumes from unaffiliated recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to contact the persons involved directly and treat candidates as regular candidates