Junior Sustainability Advisor (German language) | AFS Energy
- AFS Group
- Graduate position
- Other, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you the type of person that – when an innovation hits the market – immerses oneself into investigating it thoroughly until you know all the ins and outs? You weigh pros and cons, sifting through every little detail. And once you know all the ins and outs, you use your knowledge to your advantage. Sounds familiar? Then let’s talk!
For our Energy department, we are currently looking for a consultant who is able to combine his or her analytical skills with a commercial mindset. The renewable energy market is fast developing as more and more countries set ambitious goals to decarbonize the energy consumption.
Innovative projects are initiated to fulfill these ambitions. For example, industries experiment with green hydrogen, waste and organic material becomes feedstock for renewable fuel, and renewable energy projects pop up everywhere we look. The transmission towards a sustainable environment and, in particular within the transport sector, becomes more dynamic every day, resulting in an overwhelming set of possibilities!
And this is where you come in. As our Junior Sustainability Advisor, you’ll do a deep dive into new legislations around renewable energy and environmental commodities. You are the eyes and ears in this continuous developing market and know (or are eager to get to know) every little detail like the back of your hand. You oversee consequences of amendments in law and regulations, but you are also able to translate small changes into big commercial opportunities. You bring tailor-made solutions and strategic concepts to the table that contribute to our client’s needs.
We’ll promise you a job that is never boring and ask for your full commitment in return. The problems that you and your team will be working on are complex and require special attention for various clients. You take ownership in your decisions and are always on the look-out for best practices. We will reward your effort by flying across Europe to go to the latest conferences and meet international associations and institutions to visit new initiatives (When Covid-19 is over, of course). At the end of the day, it is the rush of coming up with new ideas that will be providing our clients with the best service in the market and come up with solutions that others haven’t thought of yet. That gives you the drive to make it happen.
What We Expect:
- You are full of ambition and drive and are passionate to succeed
- You want to be the best; scouting for new opportunities is your passion
- You translate market developments into impact for our clients
- You are eager and curious to learn about our products
- You are a serious sparring partner and expert for both your teammates as our clients
- You have affinity with roles that combine both analytical and commercial skills, or you can prove you are a data driven solution factory
- You preferably have (some) understanding of or affinity with the renewable energy market
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Fluent in German
What we Offer:
The Energy Department has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the different renewable energy markets across Europe. Our young and rapidly growing desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels and assists clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
Our team is always on a mission to make ideas, products, and opportunities a great success. The team consists of a group of ambitious and highly motivated analysts and consultants that are continuously looking for new products, markets, and advisory services to support our clients in the best possible way. We have a nose for creating products and solutions that will add value to companies all around Europe involved in renewable energy. Being part of our team in AFS Energy, you will be involved with the energy transition in Europe, being active in an important, fast growing market.
As a Junior Sustainability Advisor, you can expect a team that motivates you to be the best. We will be a sparring partner and provide the tools for you to develop that ingenious strategy that will convince your clients in a heartbeat. We provide you with various courses and training sessions with your peers to make you the best consultant you could be. Concretely, we offer:
- Working in an awesome, ambitious, and driven high-performing team
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam: the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Competitive remuneration with a significant bonus structure and multiple training possibilities
- Access to our extensive online learning platform for your personal development (e.g., languages, personal leadership and more!)
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
- Beers on a Friday
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? Please send your application via the application link.
For questions you can always mail our Corporate Recruiter Jesse de Lange, firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on +31 (0) 20 570 72 48!
Invited for a job interview?
- 1st round: Quick phone call with recruitment to get to know each other better
- 2nd round: Job interview with one of your future colleagues
- 3rd round: Job interview with your future manager
- 4th round: Job interview with the Head of the Energy desk
- Job offer
Apply following this link!