Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst
- Graduate position
- The Hague
- Required language
Do you like developing and analysing financial and actuarial risks models? And are you an ambitious and analytical starter? Then join our Financial Risk Management team as our Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst!
The job in a nutshell
As our future Quantitative Risk Analyst, you will be part of the Methodology team (approx. 28 colleagues) within Aegon Group Risk’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) team. The Methodology team is responsible to develop pricing and risk quantification methodologies for all insurance and investment exposures on Aegon’s balance sheet. Specifically, the team owns and develops various quantitative models assessing financial and actuarial risks. The team also holds responsibility for the development and maintenance of Aegon’s Internal Model for Solvency II. In this capacity the team cooperates closely with the various Business Units within Aegon group.
You will assist in supporting the demands of a variety of external and internal stakeholders, including regulators, auditors and relevant functions in all the Aegon Business Units. The exact activities and focus within the team will depend on your capabilities and interests and can be further explored during the interview process. We are looking for one junior quantitative risk analysts to strengthen our Actuarial team.
You are going to be in a team that plays a central role in managing the actuarial risks of Aegon. You will be working in a team that consists of a combination of highly motivated specialists in the quantitative valuation and risk modelling field. Depending on your experience and ambition there are opportunities to develop your leadership skills by means of taking ownership of certain methodology areas.
Development of Actuarial Risk Models
- Assist in the development of actuarial risk models across many reporting frameworks (e.g. Solvency II, Economic Framework, IFRS)
- Develop models within the confinements of a model change management culture
Maintain Existing Actuarial Risk Models
- Ensure that existing models remain fit for purpose in an ever-changing environment.
- Stay abreast of industry developments
Deliver Key Reporting Processes to Reporting Functions
- Ensure the delivery of data and information is performed in a controlled environment and applied to the required standard, e.g. SoX standards apply to Solvency II delivery
- Ensure that data and information required by Financial Reporting functions across Aegon is delivered as agreed
- Lead and manage processes towards strict timelines, both internally and externally
- The requirements of external stakeholders, such as regulators and audit must be managed
- The requirements of several functions across Aegon must be managed, most notably reporting, methodology and risk management teams
This is your future position because you:
As a Junior Quantitative Risk analyst, you have a passion for analysing models and processes, clearly communicating about them and improving them on a continuous basis and meet the following qualifications:
- Have a master’s degree within Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or any other quantitative field and affinity with Actuarial Science.
- Have gained 0-3 years of work experience.
- Have acquired knowledge of programming (preferably in R).
- Have excellent communication skills, social and a focus on teamwork.
- Have structured and analytical skills to gather, research, compare and analyse complex data models.
Who will be your new colleagues?
Your team consists of a combination of 28 highly motivated juniors and experienced specialists in the quantitative valuation and risk modelling field. Next to learning from these colleagues, there are also social events, such as drinks or team outings, throughout the year. In addition, you can become a member of Young Aegon for more social events and to get to know even more colleagues!
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € € 3.020 and € 5.029,37 based on 40 hours and your experience;
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development ;
- A minimum of 27 holiday days;
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses;
- Discount on Aegon products;
- A good pension scheme.
This is an exciting role in an ambitious environment where you will be able to develop your quantitative skills and thought leadership within Quantitative Risk Management. Are you that person who will further improve our models? Then make sure you apply immediately! Do you have some more questions? Call our Campus Recruiter Emily van der Werff at +31683041623 or send an email to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-AJ1