Trainee / junior analyst in corporate banking
- Graduate position
- The Hague
- Corporate Finance
- Required language
- Dutch, English
- Corporate Finance, Banking
Did you just finish your Master’s degree and are you looking for your next step? Meet NIBC: a small bank with a big heart and great opportunities for (up-and-coming) talent in corporate banking. Discover the diversity of our field as a trainee or junior analyst, find out how you can contribute to the funding of remarkable digital infrastructure projects and see how much you can learn from your experienced and helpful colleagues.
This is what you'll do
As an analyst, you'll assist us in capitalising on new business opportunities and in the daily management of existing transactions. As a junior or trainee, you'll start with supportive activities, but you'll soon receive more responsibilities. Moreover, your teammates will include you in everything they do, which means you'll get a good idea of the job very quickly.
- When there's a new deal on the horizon, you'll become part of the ‘deal team’, which means you'll be involved in the entire process, from the very beginning up to the point the deal is closed. You'll analyse company information, including financial market data and models. On top of that, you'll help draft the transaction proposal and assist in the closing process.
- You'll have a supportive role in portfolio management. As part of this, you'll review the performance of transactions, handle catch-up calls, and act as a point of contact for customers.
- You'll coordinate the cooperation with other departments, such as Legal, Know Your Customer, Compliance, Risk and Operations.
Every year, we offer a select group of talented colleagues from the entire bank a spot in our Talent Program. Perhaps you'll be part of this programme, too! In this intense programme, you and your fellow trainees (an international group from the offices in London, and Brussels) will focus on personal and professional development.
Irina currently participates in the Talent Program as a junior analyst
““Working at NIBC means that I am able to make an impact from day one. I am challenged and given various responsibilities very early in my career, meaning that the learning curve is steep but also that the work is exciting. I feel supported by my colleagues at Infra who share their knowledge with me daily and who recognize my achievements. The Talent Program represents yet another opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of NIBC, to build your entrepreneurial skills through the Sustainability Challenge and to have a lot of fun with your fellow analysts.“
You'll work in the Infrastructure team. This team consists of ca. twenty colleagues in the Hague and London that work together closely and regularly have activities outside work. Our clients are primarily infrastructure investors and developers across Europe. With a focus on sustainability & digitalization we help them fund interesting infrastructure projects incl. data centres, glass fiber networks and energy transition projects.
Think YES if you…
- Have a relevant Master’s degree in economics, business administration, law or technology, for example.
- Enjoy analysing complex numerical problems.
- Like taking initiative, are not afraid to ask questions and want to develop yourself.
- Have a commercial mindset, like to work together, have a go-getter attitude and are involved with your team.
No finance experience required!
Fresh ideas and new perspectives are more than welcome at our bank. Do you not have any (relevant) professional experience in the world of banking and finance, but does this field interest you nonetheless? In that case, we're very curious about you and what you can bring to the table with your background. As for the ins and outs of working at a bank? You'll learn those on the job.
This is what you'll get at NIBC
Working at NIBC means you're part of an entrepreneurial bank and help customers in their most significant financial moments. On top of that:
- You'll get all the benefits of working at a small, dynamic company: loads of flexibility, real responsibility, a visible impact and exposure to senior management.
- 31 non-registered vacation days per year.
- An advantageous pension plan
- Travel allowance
- A budget and time to improve your knowledge and skills
- Young NIBC: a network of young colleagues that regularly exercise, eat and drink together.
- Prospect of a permanent contract. Are you invited to join the Talent Program? In that case, you'll receive a permanent contract as soon as the programme starts.
Will you be our new colleague?
Upload your cover letter and CV via the application button. You can upload multiple documents by clicking the upload button again.
We don't just want to get to know you, we also want you to get to know us. That's why there will be multiple interviews. We invite you to be curious and ask any questions you may have. You'll also take an assessment.
Want to know more? Contact us
About the vacancy: Paulien Hop (hiring manager, Paulien.email@example.com)
About the procedure: Ellen Noordhof (recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org)