Trader / Portfolio Manager – GOO
- STX Group
- Graduate position
- Required language
Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trader/Portfolio manager – Guarantees of Origin to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Guarantee of Origin Desk is one of the larger in the company. As the GoO product is a key tool for both suppliers and corporates to reach their renewable targets – Adding liquidity to this market and thinking in solutions remain our top priority. We need to constantly reinvent ourselves and develop in line with an ever-changing market. As markets are becoming more efficient and competitive, a solid trading team becomes increasingly important. Since I started the trading desk 5 years ago a lot has changed. I am proud of what we have achieved with our young, versatile and ambitious team. Because of our team members with a variety of skills and backgrounds we have managed to achieve the best results. Now, we are looking to add more bright minds to our team” – Daan van der Meer, Head of Trading Guarantees of Origin”
ROLE OF A TRADER/PORTFOLIO MANAGER
As a Trader/Portfolio manager at STX, you will manage your own portfolio leveraging our balance sheet to explore and profit from trading opportunities within the renewable energy spectrum by combining quantitative analysis with qualitative market insights. You will act as the main contact for our sales-traders who, in turn, are in direct contact with our counterparties. We are currently looking to expand with a Trader/Portfolio manager to strengthen our team.
- Generating revenue by managing and optimizing positions in a portfolio of products
- Pricing of Guarantees of Origin
- Manage trading books and portfolio’s yourself
- Managing trade, counterparty and contract risk in line with broader strategy
- Continuously improve our systems and processes together with IT
- Doing research and analyzing data to make better trading decisions
- Manage a portfolio of full offtakes where STX has volume risk
- 2-6 years of experience in a trading company as a trader/portfolio manager
- Finished Bachelor or Master in preferably an economical, econometrical, mathematical or any quantitative study
- Highly skilled in using Excel and VBA. Python and SQL are a plus
- Previous experience in structuring PPAs or complex offtake agreements are a plus
- Strong analytical skills combined with strong social skills
- A proactive problem-solving nature
- Team player
- Living in or able to move to Amsterdam
- Fluent in English, additional languages are welcome
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply via this link: https://stxgroup.com/careers/vacancy/trader-portfolio-manager-goo/#apply