Strategy and Development Internship
- ACT Commodities
- Required language
- Dutch, English
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the center of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Singapore, Shanghai, and Paris, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable futures.
The Strategy team evolves around ACT Group’s corporate strategy; exploring ways how ACT can grow into its next phase. We analyze the markets in which we operate: what drives them, how they are built, and who the key actors are. We find companies that match these needs and identify buy, build, or partnership opportunities for ACT.
What you’ll do
For this internship, we are looking for someone who will analyze the renewable energy market. You’ll analyze the market drivers, pricing, trends, and other factors that influence these markets. Following this, you will be required to provide advice on where ACT can position itself in the market and provide strategic recommendations for ACT’s growth. You will contribute to designing how ACT can stay impactful in the coming years, thereby working closely alongside the R&D team.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with professionalism at their core; experience isn’t required but helpful. It is important that you are self-motivated and able to take initiative, that you’re eager to learn, and you’re not afraid to fail and try again. In a nutshell you:
- Are fluent in English;
- Are available for at least 3 days per week over a 6-month period;
- Have recently completed a Master’s degree or currently in a Master’s degree program. Preferably in either Business, Economics, or a renewable energy related degree with a business angle;
- 0-2 years of working/internship experience in and affinity with management/strategy consulting (MBB, big 4), environmental commodities or investment banking;
- Are an excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills;
- Have a knack for analytical thinking
- Are not afraid to cold call and approach people;
- Are Energetic, intellectually curious, autonomous and ambitious;
What we offer
- Internship remuneration;
- Comprehensive training;
- Quarterly target incentive gifts;
- In-house life coach;
- And more!