- Graduate position
- The Hague
- Corporate Finance
- Required language
- Dutch, English
- Corporate Finance, Banking
NIBC's Finance department is looking for a Junior Controller.
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Finance department?
NIBC aims to make a difference at decisive moments. The Finance department plays an instrumental part achieving that.The Finance department ensures NIBC is compliant with applicable laws and regulations regarding financial and regulatory reporting. It enables management to effectively steer the organization with timely, reliable and relevant information. The department constantly works on refining the design, implementation and maintenance of the operating model that fits NIBC’s business strategy of constant development of new commercial efforts. Strategically the Finance department aims to be the central information provider for the bank, including the provision of forward looking information. There no better place within the bank to get on overview of how the bank operates and performs!
What will you do?
Within the Finance department there are several teams. You will join the Accounting & Control team where we gather the accounting information from all source systems, take care of the monthly closing procedure and prepare the IFRS based financial statements for NIBC. You will participate in complex improvement projects and solve issues raised by the external auditor. On top of this you will be supporting the reporting team in understanding all financial data. The Finance department is progressing in automating reports and your role would also include an active part in the effort to further refine the reporting process. Detailed IT knowledge is not required, however a healthy interest in how IT applications work is a pre-requisite. Likewise, knowledge of banking and financial regulation is not a pre-requisite but your role will include exposure to such regulations and interest in those will help you succeeding in your position.
Who are we looking for?
Master degree in Economics, Finance, Econometrics or Accounting
Between 0 and 3 years of working experience.
A background in Finance and/or Accounting
Fluent in English & Dutch
Personality & skills
You have an eye for details
You are familiar with IFRS and Dutch GAAP
You like to improve processes
You are a team player with a positive mindset
You are willing to learn how IT applications and data warehouses work
You have a high feeling of responsibility and are eager to learn
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is provides an ambitious environment in which together we strive to create a fantastic workplace and where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with our Corporate Values: Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepeneurial, since you are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career at NIBC. In addition you receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, ao:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC's guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office;
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class;
- 32 vacation days (which do not have to be registered);
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution);
- A voucher to improve your home office;
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice;
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development;
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure;
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- Laptop and a company phone;
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar);
Apart from excellent (financial) employment conditions we offer graduates the opportunity to participate in NIBC's Talent Program. This one-year program is developed for a small group of selected talents from various disciplines. Working and learning-on-the-job is alternated with targeted training and development activities – both developed in cooperation with top ranked business partners. For more information you can visit https://www.nibc.com/careers/talent-program/
Application/ Further information
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv and motivation letter. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! An assessment will be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +31(0)70 3429669. For more information about the position please contact the Head of Accounting & Control, Sebastiaan van der Wal at Sebastiaan.email@example.com.