Junior Trading Analyst- Renewable Gas
- STX Group
- Graduate position
- Required language
Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Trading Analyst – Renewable Gases to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge, and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF A JUNIOR TRADING ANALYST
This role at a market leading Environmental Commodities trading house is designed for someone early in their career to contribute meaningful work while being trained in a niche market. The intention of the role is to combine data scientist workflows with product expertise. We are seeking someone with high competency in data science, who is also eager to learn about the fundamentals and trading aspects of our market. Initially the work will focus on automating existing processes, maintaining existing data sets, and improving data flow. The Junior Trading Analyst will become a product expert in Renewable Gases and learn the data requirements of our desk. They will coordinate integration and new systems development in close collaboration with the centralized Data Team. This will enable us to scale up our internal analysis systems and ensure we provide best-in-class analysis of Renewable Gases markets. The Junior Trading Analyst will be directly exposed to the rapidly growing biomethane market, developing niche expertise in the emerging new asset class of environmental commodities. There are many exciting career paths which can develop from this role, ranging from strategy to commercial positions, with scope to diversify exposure into adjacent commodity markets.
- Support the existing Analyst team by maintaining key data sets and automating the flow of data.
- Utilizing Excel, VBA, R and Python to improve the flow of data between Renewable Gas Analytics, the central Research & Analysis team, and the centralized data warehouse.
Additional tasks include:
- Reviewing financial and sustainability reports of key companies in the market to contribute towards our market research and supply/demand modelling.
- Automating export, retrieval, and transformation of data to/from the data warehouse, to ensure the trading team has access to the most up-to-date data needed to make trading decisions.
- Project managing the creation of dashboards which extract our modelled data from the data warehouse and display in an efficient way.
- Monitoring the data to identify trends and trading opportunities which are then pitched to the desk.
- Regression modelling to identify useful price correlations, identify trends/opportunities, and improve our forecasting methodologies.
- University degree, relevant post-graduate education beneficial.
- Proven coding skills.
- Years of experience in a trading company.
- Creative thinker, passionate about trading and the renewable energy transition.
GET IN TOUCH
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.