Renewable Energy Sales Trader
- ACT Commodities
- Graduate position
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Who we are
ACT helps organizations achieve their climate action goals, no matter how ambitious. Since its founding in 2009, they have become a reliable partner for high-impact climate projects that generate carbon credits, energy efficiency projects and certificates, and experts in renewable electricity and gas markets, renewable fuels, and emission allowances. ACT’s Amsterdam, New York, Paris, Shanghai, and Singapore teams deliver tailor-made solutions backed by extensive market knowledge. Since the beginning of the energy transition, they have been early adopters, constantly finding new products and participating in new markets. In shaping environmental markets, ACT enables organizations to pursue sustainable futures.
What you'll do
As a Sales Trader you will work with the clients of various sizes in different industries, each with their own set of exciting challenges. You will create, manage, and grow your own portfolio of clients, using your strong interpersonal skills, and stellar communication skills to gain your clients’ trust.
You will find your own leads and through extensive cold calling you will break down barriers and go the extra mile to ensure you stand out to clients.
You will also have the full support of your colleagues each, like you, with their unique set of skills and clients, and you will work together to close deals. Through our collaborative way of working most of our deals happen between 2 or more traders. This approach means that you as well as our clients will benefit from the entirety of our knowledge, experience, and network.
Who you are
We are looking for a motivated professional with a bit of experience and an affinity for finance and sales. You should be a cold calling pro with an entrepreneurial mindset. It is important that you are self-motivated to keep going even when things get tough, that you’re eager to learn, can handle constructive criticism, and you’re not afraid to fail and try again.
In a nutshell you are:
- Fluent in English, with any European third language is a plus
- Degree in Business, Finance, Hospitality, or other relevant qualification with strong sales skills
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a Sales/ Business development role
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Not afraid to cold call and approach people
- Energetic, curious, and ambitious
- Driven to close deals and make a difference
What you'll get
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme
- Comprehensive career development training (negotiation, sales, communication, products)
- Exciting target incentives (company weekend, themed dinner, gifts)
- 25 vacation days per calendar year
- In-house Life Coach